We are sorry that during the pandemic all classes are currently suspended
DATES: Monday 24th February – Tuesday 19th May
with a one week break for Easter in the week of 13/14 April
- NB We will be enrolling new members for the Spring-Summer term from the 4th December 2019 onwards. The reason for this is to reward the loyalty of our existing students by giving them the first option on retaining their places.
- So that your enquiry is not lost in the end-of-term busy-ness, please be sure to contact us after that date.
- Enquiries made before that date are likely to be missed so please be sure to re-submit your enquiry at the appropriate time. Thank you.
Choose one of the following sessions:
There will be 12 teaching weeks within the term as usual.
PRICE: £180 for 12 weeks (contact time) – to reserve your place please contact us – NB you will be asked for payment on booking in order to secure your place.
When contacting us to book a place, please let us know which class you would prefer and then mention which other classes are possible for you should your first choice be full. As our places are increasingly over-subscribed, applicants who have some flexibility have the best chance of success.
If you are not able to book a place on one of our regular classes, don’t forget that you can always book in with Fran for a tailor-made one-to-one or group class or on one of our occasional one day weekend classes.
- Suitable for all abilities from beginners up: classes are structured primarily for the introductory-to-intermediate levels but small class sizes (max 8 students) allow us to nurture and support the individual needs and interests of all at your own pace.
- Our regular classes cover the main hand-building (pinching, slab building and coiling) and decorating (texture, slips, glazes) techniques. NB those specifically wanting to learn to throw on the wheel should book a private tailor-made session as we do not cover throwing in the weekly classes.
- You should be aware that students’ work is fired to max 1040C – this sounds very hot, but in ceramic terms it is quite a low temperature. This means that the ceramic body of your pot remains slightly porous after firing, so vases, for example, should not be placed directly on a precious piece of polished furniture without a waterproof coaster.
- We welcome adults and young people (aged 16+ or young people aged 12+ if accompanied by a participating adult) to enjoy our weekly classes in a relaxed and friendly home studio environment.
- For younger children’s activities, please see the ‘Children’s Sessions’ section of our tailor-made classes page.
- NB Our studios are in a domestic environment and may not meet the needs of all – please contact us if you have any questions.
- Basic materials are included in the price but additional charges may be made for particular material and processing costs (there is a small charge for firing pots, and where special materials are supplied there may be a additional charge eg special clay for raku workshops)
- Please be sure to familiarise yourself with our Booking & Payment Policy and our Studio Practicalities if you are intending to join one of our classes
- If we withdraw classes for any reason at all, all money paid in advance for the affected session or sessions will be repaid in full without question (see our Booking & Payment Policy for more detail). We regret that compensation cannot be made for any classes missed for reasons outside our control – please see the same link for our policy relating to missed classes.
- We regret that work left in the studios for more than 3 months will be disposed of as we do not have space for unlimited storage.
- ONE DAY WEEKEND CLASSES – please keep checking the link for updates on our occasional programme of one day weekend classes.
- DID YOU KNOW? We also provide tailor made group and individual pottery workshops for a wide variety of events and client groups. Please contact us to chat about what you have in mind.
- PLEASE NOTE: ENROLMENT FOR ANY TERM OPENS AS THE PRECEDING TERM FINISHES AND NOT BEFORE. This is to allow existing students to have first opportunity to retain their places. For the best chance of a place, make a diary note of the end date of the current term and get in touch on or after that date. Please feel free to get in touch at any time however if you would like to be added to our mailing list so that you will be among the first to know when we have any new classes to publicise. Pottery classes in Lady Bay, West Bridgford, Nottingham