We are sorry that during the pandemic all classes are currently suspended
ONE DAY WORKSHOPS for 2020:
So far this year we have 2 weekends when we are offering related one-day workshops – we expect to add to the programme as the year progresses. Please click on the title links below to learn more about the workshops.
14 or 15 March: Making for Raku firing: with Fran Tristram
Using special ‘open bodied’ clay suitable for raku firing, learn to make pots using and combining pinching and slab-building methods to make your own pots for one of our raku firing days.
28 or 29 March: The Art of Raku: Glaze Decoration and Firing with guest potter Andy Mason
BOOKING: Please CONTACT us to reserve your place or if you have any further questions.
- All workshops run from 10am – 4pm with a break for lunch unless otherwise stated.
- All workshops cost £75 per person per day (there may be other costs for participation, such as purchase of pre-made pots to work with in some cases, or for post-event glazing/firing where appropriate. These charges will usually be evident in the description of each event)
COLLECTING YOUR POTS AFTER FIRING
(NB the following does not apply to our raku decorating and firing workshop as on that occasion your work will be fired and ready to take away on the day)
Due to increased demand for privately arranged and one-off classes in addition to the regular classes, Fran can not take responsibility for contacting each individual when work is ready, so to avoid disappointment, please ensure that you get in touch promptly to keep track of your work.
- Please ensure that you discuss a likely collection date with Fran during your making session and make a diary note to get in touch at the appropriate time.
- Please also make sure that your work is easily identifiable by initialling and dating it clearly and photographing it – you will be surprised how many people don’t recognise their own pots!
- Once pots are fired ready for collection they will be kept for up to 3 months in the pottery before they are discarded – we are a very small workshop and do not have room to store uncollected work indefinitely.
WATCH THIS SPACE – for updates to our programme.
In addition to our occasional one-day weekend workshops, I also offer tailor-made pottery sessions on a private group or one-to-one basis – don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like to know more or to discuss the possibility of booking a tailor-made session for yourself or your group.
If you want to be among the first to know when we offer new classes, do join our mailing list by placing a request to join via our contact form
You might also enjoy our regular weekly classes
For more information see below – please don’t hesitate contact us if you still have any unanswered questions.
- One-day and weekend classes generally run from 10am – 4pm with a one hour break for lunch. You may like to bring a packed lunch or pick up a bite to eat at one of Lady Bay’s eateries. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
- Our studios are in a relaxed and friendly home studio environment, but the domestic setting may mean that facilities do not meet the needs of all – please see our Studio Practicalities for more information and do contact us if you have any questions.
- We welcome adults and young people (aged 16+ or young people aged 12+ if accompanied by a participating adult) to enjoy our art classes in a relaxed and friendly home studio environment.
- Suitable for all abilities from beginners up. All classes are structured primarily for the introductory level but our small class sizes allow us also to nurture and support the individual needs of students working at a higher level.
- Basic materials and processes are included in the price but additional charges may be made for particular material and processing costs (see class details for more information where applicable).
- Please be sure to take your work home at the appropriate time. We regret that work left in the studios for more than 3 months will be disposed of as we do not have space for unlimited storage.
- Please be sure to familiarise yourself with our Booking & Payment Policy and our Studio Practicalities if you are intending to join one of our classes. Thank you
Do please also like our Seymour Road Studios facebook page and enjoy more up-to-date photos of students’ work there.