For our prices and course details please click the following links: WEEKLY classes.
I hope to be able to resume our programme of ONE DAY WEEKEND classes soon
Making your booking
· you can provisionally reserve your place by phone (0115 9822681) or via our contact form; your place is secured on receipt of payment.
· When confirming your booking, please send us your email address, phone number and postal address together with your payment. Thank you.
· accepted forms of payment: cheque, bacs or cash – we regret that we cannot accept card payments. Please email me through the contact form for details if you would like to pay by bacs. Please make cheques payable to Rod Bailey and Fran Tristram and post to us here at 42 Seymour Road, West Bridgford, NG2 5EF.
· we usually ask for payment on booking to secure your place so that we can plan ahead, ensure that we do not lose potential custom where places are fully booked but not paid for, and warn participants if it seems unlikely that their class will run.
· please ensure that you have read and agree to the cancellation terms below before booking, as these terms will apply as soon as your booking is made.
· in exceptional circumstances, and depending on our general enrolment situation, we may consider accepting payment in advance in the form of two equal cheques dated one month apart, so long as the first of these has time to clear before the start of term for regular classes or at least one month before a one-day or tailor-made class. Please talk to us about whether this may be possible in your case.
Gift Vouchers: vouchers for art classes make a lovely gift. You may like to buy a voucher for a specific art class or to buy an open voucher to a set value which the recipient may choose to spend on their own choice of class or private tuition. We do ask that vouchers be used within one year of the purchase date please. Please feel free to discuss your gift with us.
Cancellation & missed classes
(NB: Please make sure you read and agree to these terms before booking)
· should we need to cancel a session for any reason we will always offer to make up the time or to refund the full cost of the session or sessions missed.
· you should be aware that we need at least 4 participants to run a class – where a class does not run due to lack of numbers all payments already processed will of course be fully refunded.
· should you need to cancel a booking, in the case of regular classes a 95% refund will be made up to 2 weeks before the start of term, and a 75% refund if cancellation is between 0-2 weeks before the start of term.
· we are sorry that refunds cannot be offered on regular class fees from the morning of the first day of any term.
· in the case of one-day or tailor-made classes, we require payment on booking in order to ensure viability. Where payment has been made well in advance, a 95% refund will be made on cancellations up to 2 weeks before the date. We are sorry that refunds cannot be offered on one-day or tailor-made classes in the final 2 weeks before the date as it is less possible to fill spaces at short notice for a one-off event.
· you should be aware that our classes are funded entirely from course subscriptions – we are not in receipt of any state or other financial support. With this in mind, you should understand that we are unable to offer discounts, refunds or session credits if time is missed through students’ own circumstances which are no fault of ours.
· as a goodwill gesture, we will always endeavour to find opportunities for regular class students to make up missed time within 1-2 weeks of your missed session in equivalent parallel classes but only if such classes are running and only if they have space available. Such concessions should not be relied upon and are not always possible and in any case cannot be carried over from one term to another. These concessions are not able to be offered to students in one-day or tailor-made events.
· we endeavour to keep our prices as affordable as possible whilst ensuring that our classes are viable. In the case of regular classes course price is set per term and varies according to the term length. One-day and tailor-made classes are priced per event. Please see individual course details for your particular course price.
· additional expenses: our prices include most basic materials and processes but there is a modest extra charge made for firing pots and from time to time there may be an extra charge if specialist materials are required. See individual course details to find out whether there may be additional expenses applicable for a particular activity (eg supply of pots to decorate on some of our specialist decoration/firing workshops).
Please also see the tailor-made classes page for prices and information for bespoke one-to-one and group classes.
Prices include all required basic materials and processes (biscuit firing only in the case of pottery – discuss with Fran for information on booking extra time for glazing and glost firing where required).
We can also arrange bespoke pottery activities to your requirements for celebrations, special events, children’s groups, team training and other group or individual needs – contact us to discuss your ideas.