A tailor-made pottery session designed and timed especially for your group is a wonderful experience to share. A day of creative fun can be a great way to celebrate a special event such as family anniversaries and birthdays and is a wonderful alternative activity for a hen or stag do or as a team-building day for a group of work colleagues.
Our usual maximum number is 8 adult participants.
NB It may sometimes be possible to accommodate an absolute maximum of 14 adults (spread between two connected spaces) but this will restrict workshop activities to only very simple projects.
For group workshops the focus of your making session will be on a specific project using handbuilding skills (pinching, coiling, slab-building) with possible decoration techniques using textures or slips depending on timing, choice and suitability.
We are very happy to discuss your ideas for a theme or project for your sessions. While most groups choose a project where each individual makes their own pot to take away you may also like to consider choosing to work on a collaborative piece to which each participant contributes a unique element representing something personal to themselves or to their relationship with the group. If you like the idea of a collaborative piece we can suggest some ideas which we know work well.
The current price per head for tailor made group workshops is from £40 per person per half day (a half day is usually up to 2.5 hrs teaching time) and includes all standard materials and a single ‘biscuit’ firing (see below for glazing options where required).
There is a minimum charge for privately arranged group events at our workshop which is equivalent to 6 people / £240 per half day.
Prices may vary if we need to do a lot of preparatory or after-work (such as glazing and refiring for eg) or if more expensive specialist materials are required or if the group want something outside our usual provision to personalise their event.
You may book us for half a day, whole day, weekend or any period of time usually measured in half day units.
Please contact us to chat about what you have in mind.
Glazing and refiring:
- The glazing and re-firing of simple work with a clear transparent glaze can be arranged as an extra service if wanted. This service costs £5 per pot. If you would like to take advantage of this option, please ensure that you discuss this with Fran and pay for the service during your session.
- Alternatively you may wish to explore the creative potential of our range of glazes by booking a further session to glaze the work for yourself. Glazing sessions are priced per hour as above.
COLLECTING YOUR POTS AFTER FIRING
Due to increased demand for privately arranged and one-off classes in addition to the regular classes, Fran can not take responsibility for contacting each individual when work is ready, so to avoid disappointment, please ensure that you get in touch promptly to keep track of your work.
- Please ensure that you discuss a likely collection date with Fran during your making session and make a diary note to get in touch at the appropriate time.
- Please also make sure that your work is easily identifiable by initialling and dating it clearly and photographing it – you will be surprised how many people don’t recognise their own pots!
- Once pots are fired ready for collection they will be kept for up to 3 months in the pottery before they are discarded – we are a very small workshop and do not have room to store uncollected work indefinitely.